ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Freiburg
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineeringNeurosciences › NeurobiologyNeurosciences › Neuroinformatics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Freiburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK41
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
A postdoctoral research fellow position (German job title: ‘akademischer Rat’) is available in the research group of Carsten Mehring at the Institute of Biology III and the Bernstein Center at the University of Freiburg, Germany. Our neuroscientific research group works on motor control and brain-computer interfaces and we are looking for a scientist who will work in research, teaching and academic self-administration. This is a fixed-term position that is initially limited to three years and can be extended for another three years. The position is full-time.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Research in motor control and/or brain-computer interfaces.
- Teaching in the MSc./BSc. Biology and MSc. Neuroscience programs of the Faculty of Biology especially in the area of neuroscience. Conducting courses, lectures, seminars, tutorials as well as the related exams. Supervision of Bachelor students, Master students and PhD students.
- Contributing to the organizational and administrative tasks of the group.
- Writing grant proposals.
Requirements for the position are:
- Completed university studies (e.g. in neuroscience, biology, physics, computer science, mathematics, engineering or other relevant subjects).
- In addition to the formal requirements for the public service position A13, a qualified doctorate in the field of neuroscience or another relevant field.
- A high degree of initiative, commitment, independence, flexibility and team spirit
- Very good command of English
The salary will be according to A13. The opportunity for a habilitation is offered. The position is available immediately. We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application documents incl. a cover letter (incl. motivation for applying), CV, description of your research interests (max. 1 page), description of your teaching experience as a PDF file to Prof. Dr. Carsten Mehring, email@example.com not later than January, 31st, 2021. For further information, please contact Carsten Mehring at 0761 203-9570 or via email.
General and legal remarks:
Full-time positions may generally be split up into two or more part-time positions, provided that there are no formal or legal barriers. Candidates are selected in accordance with the provisions of the AGG (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz - German General Equal Treatment Act). Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification. Textual errors in the job posting do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.
EURAXESS offer ID: 595349
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.