ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain)
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental scienceMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/03/2020 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE26/04/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Within the framework of a research project funded by the European Commission (project H2020, EXIMIOUS, https://cordis.europa.eu/article/id/413522-eximious-how-does-the-environ...), we are looking for a young scientist (with a Master degree) to manage a clinical study based on a cohort of patients suffering from autoimmune diseases such as lupus, scleroderma or rheumatoid arthritis. The aim of our project is to link the onset of these diseases with exposure to pollutants of our environment. This study also includes a fundamental research component, which should enable us to better understand how certain pollutants activate the innate immune system. Our research is carried out at the Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique (IREC) of UCLouvain and involves doctors (Clinique Saint Luc) and toxicologists (Louvain centre for Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology). The proposed position allows the realization of a doctoral thesis within our university (4 years).
Our collaborator will be the link between the researchers and the different doctors and will be in charge of the following functions within the framework of this translational research:
- To be the reference contact between doctors and laboratories for the analysis of pollutants.
- To complete the ethical files, to collect the required medical information (clinical information, radiological and biological assessment), to collect blood, urine and/or tissue samples.
- Organize the storage of samples and biochemical and chemical assays by contacting the reference centers associated with the project.
- Prepare the scientific meetings of the consortium and present the progress of clinical and experimental research.
- Develop in vitro or in vivo models to better understand the impact of pollutants on immunity. To study in particular macrophages and receptors of the innate immune system.
- Interpret and organize the results, write activity reports and scientific articles.
- Master's degree - and if possible studies related to the medical field (pharmacist, biomedical studies, etc.)
- Experience in the field of clinical or experimental research
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of computers (main office applications: Word, Excel, File Maker, Power Point, e-mail,...)
- Interpersonal skills: team spirit, listening and communication skills,
- Rigour and methodology, sense of work organization and responsibilities.
- Spirit of initiative and synthesis
- Capacity for autonomy and personal work organization
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary manner
EURAXESS offer ID: 498025
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.