ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/03/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
in the group of lecturers are available
at the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics
Specialization: information technologies
Pursuant to the Law of Higher Education, the University of Warsaw invites applications for at most 1 position of Assistant
in the group of lecturers in the Institute of Informatics at the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics with
specialization: information technologies
Terms of employment: starting date 1st October 2021, full time job, fixed term employment contract for 1 or 2 years (to be
agreed with the candidate). On positive assessment in the last year of the employment, the contract can be extended for an
indefinite period. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching courses (360 teaching hours per academic year)
related to information technologies (see http://pi.mimuw.edu.pl/).
The applications will be evaluated by the selection committee appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics,
Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw, Poland. A candidate may be invited to an interview by the committee.
The decision date is June 15th, 2021 (an e-mail notification will be provided). The competition is the first stage of the
recruitment process as described in the Statute of the University of Warsaw, the recommendation by the selection committee
being a basis for subsequent stages.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Requirements. Successful candidates for the Assistant position should have:
1. the title of Master of Computer Science (or equivalent);
2. knowledge of advanced features of word processors and spreadsheets;
3. basic knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networks;
4. basic knowledge of contemporary information technologies;
5. ability to teach in Polish.
The following skills will be treated as a plus:
1. experience in teaching (commercial or university courses, classes, etc.);
2. ability to teach in English (documented by a recommendation letter or in other way)
Applications should be submitted to the Dean’s office via e-mail with the following attachments:
1. a cover letter addressed to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics,
• with the signed consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of recruitment in accordance with
the GDPR Regulations (cf. attachment);
• containing the phrase: I hereby confirm that I am aware that the recruitment process is an open competition,
governed by the Statute of the University of Warsaw, par. 122, 123 and I accept these rules.
2. a copy of a Master diploma;
3. an CV with a list of publications, cf. sample documents at https://www.mimuw.edu.pl/konkursy/;
4. (optional) recommendation letters from former employers, in particular addressing teaching activity of the candidate.
All documents should be sent as PDF files to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The files should be marked with
the name, last name and position of a candidate.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at University of Warsaw: Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 608545
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.