RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › AgronomicsEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/04/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Lleida
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
OFFER STARTING DATE25/02/2020
- Use of remote sensing technologies for precision irrigation.
- Contribution in the analysis of satellite/airborne/UAV imagery in order to obtain the biophysical parameters of the vegetation, crop water status and evapotranspiration.
- Learn about surface energy balance models and the automation of different processes in order to enhance the image processing workflow.
- Use of neural networks (CNN) and Machine learning techniques.
- Participation in airborne campaigns.
- Participate in gathering field data and the maintenance and analysis of data from an Eddy-Covariance system.
Salary: 24.962,05 € gross annual salary
Deadline timing job ref. 09 /2020 Technician position in Remote Sensing for Evapotranspiration
- 30 days Publication and diffusion of the job advertisement on IRTA’s website, EURAXESS Jobs, social networks and other specific recruitment places.
- 2 following working days To send, for its study, the pre-selected CV which match eligibility criteria to the Selection Committee. To send an automated e-mail for those who have not been pre-selected and cannot continue the process.
- 10-15 following working days Selection Committee:
- Interview with preselected candidates.
- To send an e-mail for those who have not been selected by the Selection Committee.
- Committee Selection Agreement with the selected candidate, giving reasons for the rest to be excluded.
- Notification by e-mail to the candidates who have been interviewed but not selected.
- 12-16 following working days To send to HR all the needed official documentation in order to make the work contract and co-ordination for establishing the start of the employment.
- First week of May of 2020 Start of employment (approximately)
*During the first year of contract, IRTA will cover the cost to obtain license to fly drones.
*The technician will be based at Fruitcentre-IRTA (Lleida). She/he will also have secondment opportunities (up to 6 months) to one of the partner organizations of the Marie-Curie ACCWA project (https://accwa.isardsat.space/).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAgricultural sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: Good
- Diploma of Higher Education in Computer Sciences, Agronomy, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines and equivalent studies.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Programming the Language Python and Geographic Information Systems/Geospatial analysis knowledge.
- Analytical skills
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to successfully work within a team
- Bachelor’s o Master degree in Remote Sensing or Space Engineering.
- Ability to pursue data-oriented research as well as experimental approaches and fieldwork to validate evapotranspiration models.
- Knowledge and/or take interest in learning about crop evapotranspiration and agronomy.
EURAXESS offer ID: 498027
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.